Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have a pre-employment physical on monday for a hospital job

I have a pre-employment physical on monday for a hospital job I just was told i got....My question is why are they sending me to an outiside dr and then I am meeting with a nurse at the hospital I need to bring my id and soc Security card....My question is which one the dr with the physical...Or the nurse do you think I will be doing a drug test with??
Unfortunately, there is no way for any of the experts to know that answer. Often hospital pre-employment physical examinations are performed by an outside clinic or occupation medicine physician to help protect the privacy of the prospective employee.

Some facilities do the drug testing through their own laboratories while other have them performed by outside labs or clinics.

In either case, you will need to avoid drug use, since the test could be done by either the doctor or the nurse.