Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

There is a small chance I took my dogs soloxine this morning

There is a small chance I took my dog's soloxine this morning (.5) ..

I had my own pills and his out at the same time. It was early and I was a in a rush. I remember thinking the pill I was swallowing felt small and then started questioning which pills I gave to him and which I took.

I'm almost positive I took the correct pill (naxproxin) . Still should I be concerned If I took the soloxine?

One dose of soloxine should not cause a problem.
It takes several weeks for thyroid hormone replacement in humans to have any noticeable one dose is unlikely to have any notable effect on you.

Side effects of they medication in general are: increased heart rate, headache, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, sweating...would be unusual with one dose but if you do develop these symptoms follow up with your doctor.

If you take any other medications besides naprosyn, let me know and I will check for drug interactions for you.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!