Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I am a newly divorced male who has not been sexually active

Customer Question

I am a newly divorced male who has not been sexually active I am a newly divorced male who has not been sexually active for several months. Ibegan seeing someone a few weeks ago whom I have been friends with for sometime. We had sex 2weeks ago and initally it was difficult inserting. When I finally was able to I felt a tear on my penis shaft. It began to heal and the a week later we had sex again. The tear became raised an then an ulcer formed. My doctor prescribed keflex tid and the ulcer vegan to heal. Needless to say we had sex a week later and the ulcer reformed. Iwebt back to my doctor and he precribed cipro bid and topicort .25 every 6 hours. Now there are several black/ gray spots near the ulcer? Not sure what's going on. The ulcer is still painful and healing slowly. I still have keflex and now cipro. Should I take them both? Help!!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Welcome to Just Answer.Is the tear near the frenulum or is it on the main penile shaft?Have you been tested for STD and Herpes?Single penile ulcers may be due to serious disease like primary Syphilis,Chancroid,Lymphogranuloma Venereum,granuloma inguinale and herpes simplex.Apthous ulcers,Behcets disease and pemphigoid are rarer causes of penile ulcers.You may attend a Sexual health Clinic/GenitoUrinary Medicine Clinic or get investigated by your own doctor to rule out any serious STD which may be treatable at this stage.A frenulum tear near the glans can also form a ulcer which perhaps would be more due to trauma and secondary infection.The ulcer near the frenulum would tear repeatedly on trauma of vigorous sex and would perhaps need some time to heal.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 12/4/2010 at 1:13 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
This expert did not read my detailed explanation nor did he answer my question based on that. He answered it based on information i can get from the internet. i am an educated customer and Janelle who answerered my first question actualy ready my explanation.
I missed the fact that the tear became a ulcer and had raised edges.Apparently ,the ulcer is not a STD /Syphilis as the Syphilitic ulcers are painless.This appears to be due to secondary infection of the skin of the shaft and will heal adequately with use of Keflex and abstention from sexual activity till healing occurs.Topicort should be used only to reduce the inflammation for a couple of days .A full 2 week course of Keflex will probably result in uneventful healing.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 12/4/2010 at 1:52 PM EST