Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

if i fell and received a huge contusion on my rear end and

if i fell and received a huge contusion on my rear end and three weeks later im experiencing alot of pain and nubbness in arms now could this be related.
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

It would be unlikely that these two are related. Numbness in the arms comes from the nerves in the neck area. If you had damage to your lower spine and buttocks then it would be in your legs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
but i left out that i also hit my head and shoulders pretty hard when i went down. the doctor i saw never even offered xrays to see if i hurt a vertabre or disc.
Sorry it took a while to reply. I did not get the notification that you responded to me!

Well that does change things alot. THen yes it is possible that it could be related to your symptoms. Are you experiencing muscle spasms or neck/shoulder pain as well?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES I AM EXPERIENCING SOME STIFFNESS OF THE NECK AND THE TINGLING DOWN MY ARMS ESPECIALLY WHEN SLEEPING IS VERY VERY PAINFUL. I MUST HAVE ALSO HIT MY ELBOWS BECAUSE THE HURT ALL THE TIME. I FEEL I NEED TO GET AN MRI OR A SCAN OF MY BACK BUT MY DOCTOR ORDERED A NERVRE CONDUCTION TEST THAT I CANT GET UNTIL AFTER 1ST OF NEW YEAR. HE TOLD ME TO TAKE ALEVE
It is a standard to do what we call conservative therapy first for 4-6 weeks. That would include:
Hot moist packs to the area of pain/spasm
Anti inflammatories like Aleve
and even physical therapy if warranted.

Most insurance companies won't pay for a MRI if this is not done first. You can usually take x-rays of the neck but those don't usually show anything wrong.

The symptoms can be from muscle spasm and inflammation that can cause the numbness and tingling with pain.

However, a MRI is a good thing if you are not improving. I really don't think a nerve conduction test will be beneficial for you right now.