Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

hi, ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but im not convinced.

Customer Question

hi, ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but im not convinced. My symptoms are only when im sleeping, i get a throbbing, tingling, aching sensation in my arms and my hands go numb. I also get this internal body heat which is awlful and this condition ruins my life. I just cant sleep because of it. However it all goes away as soon as i get out of bed. PLEASE HELP ME IM DESPERATE, Natalie.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Nurse Milli :

Hi there and thanks for the question.

JACUSTOMER-legs9i9o- :

hello

Nurse Milli :

Fibromyalgia typically will cause widespread muscle pain and tender joints in the body. If yours is mainly confined to your hands and arms, and is positional, I would suggest having a MRI done to see if you are having issues with a nerve in your neck/shoulder/or back

JACUSTOMER-legs9i9o- :

Im not sure if i have already done that as ive had so many things tested. What exactly is an MRI test, i mean how is it performed? Is it and xray?

Nurse Milli :

No, it's not an xay...uses no radiation. It is a machine that you lie on a table and it scans the particular body part that is bothering you.

Nurse Milli :

it shows great detail unlike a xray

Nurse Milli :

it is used to show the nerves, disc, and tendons in the area that is scanned

JACUSTOMER-legs9i9o- :

hmmm, i dont know why i have not had it done. I have been meaning to but get off track and forget what ive had done. I will deffinatly book myself in for one. Thank you.

Nurse Milli :

very detailed test for things like this

JACUSTOMER-legs9i9o- :

Do i need a referral?

Nurse Milli :

Thank you. I think it might be something you should talke with your Dr about. Might be a good idea.

Nurse Milli :

Yes, your Dr can order one

JACUSTOMER-legs9i9o- :

Cheers

Nurse Milli :

Thank you!

Nurse Milli :

It has been a pleasure helping you today. Please click “Accept” if our conversation has been helpful. If I can help you further, please reply. If not, thank you for using JustAnswer.com and hope you will use the service again soon.