Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

had a small cut on my index finger..blood..infections..scar tissue

had a small cut on my index finger a few weeks ago that healed but developed a small painful lump in its place. went to the doctors had x-rays an blood taken. no metal or infections were present but he said it maybe grease in there(im a mechanic) and now scar tissue is containing it. jus wondering what to do now that its been ruffly 2 weeks and its still painfull?

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

It is not uncommon for scar tissue to occur especially if there is a foreign body like grease in the wound. Many pieces of dirt and grease won't show up on X-ray. I would keep it elevated, and wrapped, and use ibuprofen for pain. If it starts to swell you may need a hand surgeon to open up the finger surgically and explore it and possibly wash it out.

Dr. E