Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

what does it mean when a mri comes back and says there is a

Customer Question

what does it mean when a mri comes back and says there is a suttle difference in the white matter at the front of the brain i have a 2 year old and i am really worried about her no will give me a answer.
They are saying that she has epelipsy but they really dont know what she has . She will drop to the floor like a seizure and come around but will lie around for hours recovering from it . I Dont think this is normal for a 2 year old to be doing she is my 4th child and none of the others did any of this so i am not a new mother worring i am really worried about her becauase no one can help me.i have been fighting this for 8 months and spent thousands i expect my medical people to give me answers if i am paying this much for her treatment she was asleep during the procedure and i was given this information by a pedatrician
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

The first thing that it means is that your doctor inappropriately gave you the copy of the radiologist's report, which actually needs to be INTERPRETED by your physician FOR YOU.

Subtle differences in the white matter can actually be as simple as being nothing and even due to the child being so small and hard to control in the scanner (they move around and can distort the image sometimes). The report would read differently if there was a lesion,tumor, edema, swelling, or blood. It does not sound like any of these were present.

Rest assured, mom.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She was asleep during this process and the imformation i recieved was from the peditrician