Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

right testicle..only feel this pain if I handle the testicle

Hello Guys,

I just needed a bit of advice.

I am 18 years old, and for as long as I can remember I have always had pain in my right testicle. I can only feel this pain if I handle the testicle. It is very uncomfortable and hurts more in specific areas. The testicle seems slightly unusual in shape and bulges a little bit near the top but again, I think this is long term.

My other testicle does not bulge and doesn't hurt to handle.

Is this normal, or is this something that needs checking out? What is this likely to be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 5 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

This sounds like a varicocele, which is an enlarged blood vessel in the testicle. You should get an ultrasound from your doctor to make sure it is not a tumor.

Dr. E