Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I have been suffering with pain in my little toe and down the

I have been suffering with pain in my little toe and down the side of my foot for a few weeks. I previously had athlete's foot which I treated with Mycil powder. I think it healed up, but not sure. In between my little toe and next toe the skin is dark. I have continued to use Mycil powder, but the pain persists. I have not been able to get to the GP yet. Please advise.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

Skin darkening makes me worry about poor blood supply to the toes/foot (possibly due to infection like gangrene), so I do recommend you move up your appointment with the GP or go to the emergency department within the next day or two.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have just looked again now, there are two little white 'lumps' also. Please advise.

The white lumps could represent pus pockets. Best to get it checked out in the next couple of days. You could need prescription antibiotics.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much. Will telephone GP in the morning.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been to the GP. I have an infection only.