Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I was off my birth control patch for three weeks, and I was

I was off my birth control patch for three weeks, and I was a week late for my period starting with a few days of extreme nausea, with huge head aches. I now have been bleeding lightly for two days and it is stopping. But I have extreme cramping and lower back pain, and am very light headed. Could I be pregnant? Because the last time I was pregnant, Even the doctor didn't realize it till two months later.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
You could be pregnant, and I would recommend doing a pregnancy test, if the test is negative, repeat the test in 4 to 5 days, and if the test is still negative, then you are not pregnant. The pregnancy tests that are available today are very accurate.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well last time I was pregnant I took tests and they kept saying no up until two and a half months, and my doctor didn't even see it. Should I be aware of that and be careful like last time?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
All I can say if you have a negative pregnancy test and it has been 10 to 14 days since intercourse, you are not pregnant.
Thank you for you question.