A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Ive been having a stuff but running nose for months with a

I've been having a stuff but running nose for months with a severe headache at times causing causing lose of equilibrium and intense spinning at times, it is not at it's worse but the headache does not go away and if I was to jerk my head the spinning starts but just for a little bit because I learned to do the head exercise ( any suggestion would be appreciated)
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. You mention head exercise. Were you diagnosed with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)? Any other diagnoses? What medications do you take? What is your age?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
68yrs , vertigo yes , atenolol 50mg daily' simvsatatin 40mg daily and i just started veramyst today

Fluticasone (Veramyst) should help a lot with the symptoms. It will relieve a lot of the inflammation that is causing congestion and pain. The head spinning is another thing - from the BPPV. You should continue to do the exercises to reposition the matter in the inner ear that causes those symptoms.