Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.

I had a hydrocortisone injection last friday in my heel for

I had a hydrocortisone injection last friday in my heel for plantar fasciitis, I had pain for a couple of days then it wore of to about 50% reduction. But physically I feel so rough now is it bad timing with a virus? I have an umbilical hernia and IBS also, and since the injection I have got a bloated tummy -whether I eat or not . So I contacted my doctor and told her I was feeling a lot of pressure on my bladder but there was no urgency for the toilet all the time and no other associated symptoms.
So is it a reaction to the injection -if so how long will it last. I have GAD and Depression which does not help the mater I know this but just want to know - be reassured that its ok.
Many Thanks XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 3 years ago.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

hELLO,

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Hello jean,

Customer :

good evening Doctor

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

The effect which you are experiencing at present doe not looks to be due to corticosteroid injection at your heel.

Customer :

what would you say that it was then , is it a viral problem?

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

The local steroid injection exerts there effect locally ,they have no wide e\spread effect on whole body.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

It may all be due to infection.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

This may be due to bacterial infection .

Customer :

I did a little research and found that some people have experienced what I have been -ie flushes and racing heart also and the palpitations have got stronger too, Yes I do suffer witgh anxiety but this discomfort is a little alien to me as I have not felt this before and wondered whether is my hernia?

Customer :

Its not intense pain but it feels what is best as being pregnant but no fear of that I must say

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Most probably your menstrual cycles is over ,is it true?

Customer :

yes I actually had a bad one a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a year so is this a contributory factor do you think

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Yes.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

The post menopausal symptoms most often present in this way,with feeling of depression ,anxiety,palpitation,hot flushes ,etc.

Customer :

so will the distention of my tummy go down with taking the anti biotics

Customer :

as it is extremely uncomfortable

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

For this you should do following-

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

-Avoid intake of carbohydrates.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

-Avoid excess of fibers or complex carbohydrates.

Customer :

I am taking citalopram and that deals with hot flushes and my palpitations were never as strong as they have been now

Customer :

ok

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

-You may have tablets of simethcone.

Customer :

what is the generic name for these

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

This may come in the name of myalanta

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

or gas-x.

Customer :

ok thankyou

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Or flatulex.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Welcome.

Customer :

ah yes

Customer :

thankyou very much doctor

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

Customer :

will do , So I am assuming that its wind??plus a bacterial situation that I have

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Yes.It is.

Customer :

ok many thanks goodbye.

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Bye.

Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience: M.D.