Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

what can i use at home to cure vaginitis

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
From how long you have vaginitis?
Are you sexually active?

Edited by doctor_charles on 12/1/2010 at 3:41 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
for about 5 months and yes im sexually active
Thanks for the info given.

Swelling & soreness of vagina is called vaginitis that is inflammation of the vagina. Its most common causes are bacterial vaginosis,yeast infections,trichomoniasis and chlamydia infection.Non infectious causes like hard sexual intercourse,vaginal dryness,hormonal changes,vaginal sprays, douches,soaps, detergents, or fabric softeners.If you know that any such product that is causing this,stop using it.Take non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the inflammation,irritation & pain.

Also apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.
Both are available as over the counter without prescription.If you have major discomfort then consult your gynecologist for the physical examination & prescription medication accordingly.
Regards.
Dr.Charles.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried all that so nevermind do i still get charged for this
As you have tried these, I advice you that you need consult your gynecologist for the physical examination & prescription medication accordingly.You need blood tests, urine examination & other tests to know the exact cause of the vaginitis & then treatment will be done accordingly. Regards. Dr.Charles. Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.