911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

hi i stopped smoking in march with the help of champix. Since

Customer Question

hi i stopped smoking in march with the help of champix. Since then from about june i started to get an uncomfortable feeling under my ribs like there was something there i flet like i was putting weight on but just in the stomach area. when i get up in the morning i feel fine but as soon as i have a drink it starts my upper stomach swells not massively but to the point i was beginning to feel pregnant as i feel movement inside like flutters also i have alot of wind as well. Its not painful but uncomfortable. I also think i am going through the change as well i am 49 and have only had 4 periods this year.
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 6 years ago.

911Doctor : Hello... It appears that you are offline so I will answer this in Q and A format and you can then accept my answer or ask more questions.
911Doctor : This doesn't sound like your heart but the only way to be sure is to have a heart evaluation done... There is no "standard story" for heart pain...
911Doctor : More likely you nay have a problem with you gallbladder... Especially the discomfort after eating and drinking makes me think you really need to ge you gall bladder looked at and the first step here is an ultrasound of the gallbladder.
911Doctor : I hope this helps.
911Doctor : Best
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi i didnt say that i had heart pain i dont have any pain at all. Do you think that this is my gall bladder
Expert:  911Doctor replied 6 years ago.
Ma'am,
Discomfort, pressure... anything like that anywhere near the central chest or upper abdomen is often from the heart. Nevertheless, yes, I think your gall-bladder is a likely cause and I would mention it to your physician. Here is some information that may help you....

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gallstones/DS00165

also to be considered are reflux (heartburn), stomach ulcers, and a variety of other problems with the digestive system. however, based on your story, i would start by looking at your gall bladder. i hope this helps you.

Best
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
im sorry i have looked at the symptoms for the gall bladder and most of them dont apply to me. AS i have said before im not in any pain