Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

be the cause of pain area that feels sore rather than sharp pain

what can be the cause of pain area that feels sore rather than sharp pain and is especaily [ainful upon trying to arise. I t generally subsides during the day and evening.?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.

Is there any swelling, tenderness?

Which shoulder joint is affected?

Did you have any test ?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The back feels sore to the touch; the shoulder was sprained from the fall and was x rayed, showing no break. The shoulder pain is on th right side and the back pain which came a week later is on the left side.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
In which part of the left side of the back? Upper or lower?

Do you feel any tenderness there on pressure or any swelling?

Did you hit that site on fall?

Did you consult doctor for it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lower back and to the side going down the leg a bit

There is some soreness on pressure

No, I did not hit that site on fall, just missed a step and caught miyself with my right hand which seemed to jar the shoulder.

Yes, I went to an uirgent care where they xrayed and said no broken bones, just sprain. They had me use a sling for the shoulder for comfort for a couple of days. They also put me on prednisone which helped but then the pain came back in the shoudler and a week later in the lower back.My dr. examined me .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I answered your questions above.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had no answers , just questions. Do I get answers as to the treatment needed of the cause of the discomfort? I thought I was to get information from this site.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

The back pain may be unrelated to trauma or it may be that sudden movement caused strain there.

But it usually causes symptoms shortly after the incident.

When the pain goes into the leg , it can be due to due to pressure or impingement on nerve due to spine problem.

Another cause can be kidney disease where the pain can be radiated downwards towards inner thigh.

I feel you should get it checked by doctor again.

Doctor can examine you & determine whether any further test will be needed.

Tests like X rays/ ultrasound or scan may be necessary.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience