Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

I am a 32 yo female and my right eye is acting weird. I know

I am a 32 yo female and my right eye is acting weird. I know that sounds stupid, but it looks like my right eye is skewed to the right; like my eyes are misaligned. I realize kids are born with this problem all the time, but I've never had this issue EVER. I've worn glasses since I was 12 (contacts on and off since I was 16) and initially, I would take them off thinking my prescription was getting old and my eyes were changing, which was causing visual disturbances and headaches. But for the past month or so I've started to realize that things seem weird without my glasses on too. Finally I just went and looked in the mirror the other day and it really does seem like one of my eyes is crooked. What could be causing this?

No, your question does not sound stupid.
It sounds like you are describing a nerve palsy, which is an impairment of one of the nerves that supplies the muscles of the eyes.

Nerve palsies can lead to double vision, which is a common symptom. They can occur for many reasons--infections, growths in the brain, head injuries are some of the reasons...in some cases the cause is not identified.

You should see an ophthamologist (an MD) for an exam. You should also see your GP to start...your GP may refer you to a neurologist as well as part of the workup.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!