What is the biopsy report of either; mediastinal nodes and kidney mass?
How big is the kidney mass? Is it cystic or solid?
What are your symptoms?
the biopsy report has not been given to us yet. the kidney mass is 3.8x3.6
it was discovered when he had pneumonia during a routine chest xray.
he has no pain in the kidneyarea. he went to the hospital with chest pain in the left side and they diagnoses pneumonia.
There are various possibilites and jumping on a conclusion of a spread out cancer would not be the right thing to do;
1) The kidney mass and mediastinal lymph nodes/mass may not be related. The mediastinal lymph nodes can be due to pneumonia.
2) The kidney mass can be benign and mediastinal lymph nodes can be due to infection. Prognosis is excellent
3) The kidney mass can be cancerous and mediastinal mass can be benign. Prognosis is excellent as it is a treatable disease.
4) Kidney mass and mediastinal lymph nodes can be lymphoma which melts like ice in many instances and have a good prognosis.
5) If kidney mass and mediastinal lymph nodes are related; this would be stage 4 and have poor prognosis.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
so the only worrisome prognosis is f he kidney andmediasinal lymph nodes are related
is that correct
If they are connected (which is quite unlikely), yes, prognosis would be worrisome.
It is privilege assisting you.