Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I was on Domperidone from March 11th to June 30th for my gastroparisis.

I was on Domperidone from March 11th to June 30th for my gastroparisis. Starting June 2nd head aches- migraines / tension / cluster, non stop every day. Last two months extreme sensitvity to light and noise (hyperacusis diag.) Daily nausousness along with the head aches. Could it be from this medication???

Headache is a known side effect of the Domperidone. Please see the resource for the side effect;

Sensitivity and light too may be responsible due to it as it is a cause of effect relationship. Since headache and this symptom started together; both of them can be traced to medication. An irritability is a known side effect of Domperidone.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I stopped taking it in June. It can't still be in my system - so that would make me think it has compromised my central nervous system?

Medication is not likely to be in your system now but sometimes lingering side effects/untoward effects can stay for some duration. These symptoms may have other aggravating factor like your other medications, concomitant medical conditions etc.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun