Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

MRI report High signal changes at supraspinatus tendon involving

MRI report: High signal changes at supraspinatus tendon involving the bursal surface and this measures 8x8 mm.This is consistent with a partial busal surface tear of the distal tendon.This does not appear full thickness.There is some increased fluid at the subacromial/subdeltoid bursa.The infraspinatus,subcapularis,teres minorand biceps tendon are intact The labrum is intact. The excess fluid is seen at the glenohumeral joint.No significant arthrothapy is seen at the glenohumeral joint or the AC joint.
Conclusion: Bursal surface partial tearof the distal suprasinatus tendon as described.Calcific tendonosis.
I fell heavily onto the shoulder four years ago can physio help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 6 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

have you tried physical therapy yet?

JACUSTOMER-k05gxl9x- :

No

Dr B :

What have you tried so far?

JACUSTOMER-k05gxl9x- :

the shoulder is painful to move and wakes me frequently at night Irecently got a GP ref to see an ortho for advice who then sent me for an Mri will have follow up appt nxt week.

Dr B :

Honestly, if the tear occurred 4 years ago then it is unlikely to heal anymore than it has, but physical therapy may help strengthen the muscle and in doing so help relieve your pain

Dr B :

Are you there?