Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I put my contacts in this morning around 7 30. By 9am at work,

I put my contacts in this morning around 7:30. By 9am at work, my left eye had pressure. When I looked at it, there was redness on the white part outer side. Got home and took contacts out at 4:15. At 5pm, noticed a small white bump on the red part. There is still small amount of pain when I blink. Does this require immediate attention or should I give this a day or so to clear up? No other symptoms.

Nurse Milli :

Hello and thanks for the question

Nurse Milli :

Are you having blurry vision?

JACUSTOMER-gnjy2kpf- :

No blurry vision. Just pain when I blink. Pressure otherwise.

JACUSTOMER-gnjy2kpf- :

Is there any additional information needed?

Hi there, sorry about that....nothing I was sending was going through.

I had asked has this ever happened before? Do you clean your contacts everyday and wear them as scheduled?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Wear contacts on a regular basis, though not last week. Put them in yesterday, for my usual 12 hours. They were a little dry when I removed them, but I do have allergies. Cleaned and put them in case overnight.

Ok great. Sounds like you have not done anything out of the ordinary and take pretty good care of the contacts. Without anyone being able to see the eye, it's a little hard to tell exactly what is going on here but pressure, redness and now a 'white' bump could actually be some type of corneal abrasion. Since you only have 2 eyes, it's best to go ahead and let your eye Dr take a look at the eye and make sure everything is ok. I think waiting until tomorrow morning is fine (unless your eye becomes even more painful or other symptoms develeop like tearing/watering, blurry vision or any changes in vision).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Many thanks. That was my thought, but wanted a second opinion. Will call my doctor in the morning. Have a wonderful evening.

Hope your eye feels better soon!