Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

sudden onset of metallic taste in the mouth plus tingling numbness

sudden onset of metallic taste in the mouth plus tingling numbness of r. side of the body . This was accompanied by a slight headache . the whole thing lasted about 40minutes .The patient is a healthy male aged 36 with no other disease problems. There is a family history of Abd aortic aneurysm and MODM.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

I would send this patient to the emergency department for a head CT scan - there may be an intracranial bleed that is causing these symptoms, especially since many times patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms also have hypertension. I'm concerned for a developing stroke.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand that BP was normal 4 weeks ago also FBC lft. The case in question is my son and I am a retired GP with some 40 yrs of medicine under my belt. I have advised my son to seek an urgent appt with his Dr in the morning. It is 8.30 pm in the UK at the moment.

I, like you, consider this should be taken further.
Thanks for your help.
David Ferguson