Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

MY LUNGS HURT WHEN I LAY DOWN TO SLEEP OR WHEN I TRY TO WALK

MY LUNGS HURT WHEN I LAY DOWN TO SLEEP OR WHEN I TRY TO WALK MORE THAN A FEW BLOCKS. I DON'T KNOW WHY. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT A MONTH
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Where exactly it hurts in your chest? Is it a burning pain? Any stomach symptoms such as belching, bloating, nausea, acid reflux, heartburn? Any health problems? is this pain radiating to your arm, shoulder or jaw? Do you see any improvement with antacid?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

sometimes it helps with antiacids. i had four bypass 5years ago and until this started i had been fine,now i can't walk but about 3blocks and start hurting. it will go away if i stop in a few min. but i can't get a nights sleep

Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Although you feel little bit better with antacid, but the way you are presenting certainly heart related issues needs to be investigated. Moreover, you have already a history of cardiovascular problem, in that setting you don't want to speculate to guess. I think the best option is to visit your cardiologist and have it evaluated. Your overall, scenario suggest heart related issues.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer