How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Celeste NP Your Own Question
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1002
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Celeste NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 44 year old male over weight and have a patch of what

This answer was rated:

I am 44 year old male over weight and have a patch of what looks like a bunch of tiny skin tags on my inner thigh. what causes this and what can be done for it.My underwear rubs this area and it hurts real bad. Burns every time something touches this area
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

This is caused by friction. Skin rubbing skin. These skin tags can be removed to help with discomfort.
Also try powder to help keep this area dry.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are not long enough to cut off. It is like a patch of a lot of little bumps
They usually get longer and are able to clip off. The best thing to do is to avoid or decrease friction in that area. Keep it very dry, use powder and if irritated use Desitin cream that has the 40% zinc to help with healing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried vasaline and it seems to help some
The Desitin has more of a healing and protective barrier than vasoline.
Celeste NP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you