Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

I am 44 year old male over weight and have a patch of what

I am 44 year old male over weight and have a patch of what looks like a bunch of tiny skin tags on my inner thigh. what causes this and what can be done for it.My underwear rubs this area and it hurts real bad. Burns every time something touches this area
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

This is caused by friction. Skin rubbing skin. These skin tags can be removed to help with discomfort.
Also try powder to help keep this area dry.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are not long enough to cut off. It is like a patch of a lot of little bumps
They usually get longer and are able to clip off. The best thing to do is to avoid or decrease friction in that area. Keep it very dry, use powder and if irritated use Desitin cream that has the 40% zinc to help with healing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried vasaline and it seems to help some
The Desitin has more of a healing and protective barrier than vasoline.