Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Vaginal lips are chapped and itch. What can I do to heal

Vaginal "lips" are chapped and itch. What can I do to heal them?
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Is there any vaginal discharge?
Are you sexually active?
From how long you have these symptoms?

Edited by doctor_charles on 11/18/2010 at 3:48 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No discharge, not sexually active at all, symptoms for about 2 weeks
This sounds of yeast infection.This yeast infection had caused the chapping of vaginal lips,itching & dryness of vagina.You need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).It is prescription medication & you need to get a prescription from your doctor.
With the oral prescription anti fungal medication,you will get relief within few days. So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for the oral prescription medications.Till then apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription.
Regards-
Dr.Charles
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to try the over the counter cream and if it does some good, then get back to you with payment. OK?
Over the counter medications may not help you completely to alleviate all your symptoms & prescription oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox)may be required.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for the oral prescription medications.Regards- Dr.Charles Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there any over the counter medications that will definitely help as I am disabled and do not have a lot of money. Talking to you is already going to cost me $28, plus meds
Yes, you can use vagmycin.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription. If this doesn't provide you complete relief, then you need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Dr.Charles Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.