Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

bleeding from anus, but no pain. only bright red blood when

bleeding from anus, but no pain. only bright red blood when on toilet. not much. should i worry?
Greetings,

How many times did it occur? Any other symptom? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Only just noticed when i went to the toilet to pass urine, then 5 min later to do a poo. Only little bits and bright red. I am on efexor. Last time i noticed this was 5 years ago. I have a 8 month old baby too.No past illness. I have no pain or discomfort either.

Thank you for the input.

Fresh blood in stool comes most usually from anus or rectum or from lower part of gastrointestinal tract . The causes can be hemorrhoid, polyp, growth, fissure , inflammatory bowel diseases , infection etc. When you are not feeling pain, it can be due to hemorrhoid as it is a quite common cause. I would recommend you to get an examination by doctor to know the precise cause however. After examining, the doctor will decide the necessity for investigations like stool examination, colonoscopy etc. for precise diagnosis. meanwhile you can take sitz bath, apply prep H cream.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It just feels like its torn abit., as my partner and I have anal sometimes, and feels like that, but havent had it in a while. Should i go to the dr asap or if it keeps occuring?

Thanks

Torn feeling suggests a fissure. You should get it examined by doctor as early treatment will help in better healing.