Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I have been throwing up every hour for the last six hours.

I have been throwing up every hour for the last six hours. Is there anything I can do?

I am sorry you are sick. Vomiting is awful.

Pepto bismol or maalox are the two over the counter medications that can be sometimes helpful for nausea.

Other than these two, if you don't stop vomiting and you start to develop dizziness, dry mouth, decreased urination-you can visit an urgent care or ER for anti-nausea medications.

In the meantime, try slow gradual intake of cold liquids like ginger ale. Ginger is helpful for nausea. Start with only a tablespoon every 15 minutes. After one hour, if you keep that amount down you can increase.

Then after several hours of keeping liquids down, you can start with bland solids like bananas, rice, crackers, broth, toast.

If you are experiencing vomiting because of vertigo (spinning), dramamine is helpful for this.

I hope that you feel better.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have and I will be happy to answer them for you,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!