Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

I had a rash in the left side of my mouth for about 2months

I had a rash in the left side of my mouth for about 2months and I have growth that came up in the back of my throat about 10mths ago. The growth doesn't bother me and the rash went away but for about 3wks I have been having this feeling of numbness. Like when you get your mouth numb when you get your teeth worked on. It feels like when the anastesha starts to wear off.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 3 years ago.

can you tell me more about the growth?
Do you smoke?

Describe your rash more please. Red, size, burn, itch, white matter collects on it, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use to smoke when I was younger I stopped when I was 21. I had a similar growth on my uvila and had it removed about 10 yrs ago. It come back HPV positive but I do not have warts. I do have HPV 16 that I was diagnosed with 2yrs ago. The growth does not bother me. I started to get really bad acid indegestion around the same time as the growth come up. The rash is gone now. It was only on the left side of my mouth around the corner of my mouth on the inside. It was a white patchy rash that did not hurt it was just annoying cause I kept feeling the need to bite the dead skin off.
It is really difficult to be able to give you a certain diagnosis over the net. But I would encourage you to visit a Ear Nose and Throat doctor for a couple of reasons.

First, any growth needs to be throughly evaluated, even ones that do not hurt. Cancer must be ruled out, especially with your HPV history.

Second, numbness is from an alteration in the nerve and could indicate a more serious cause. Numbness is a symptom of something. Therefore, again a through evaluation needs to be done.

I urge you to make an appointment with an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist without delay.
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.