Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

my husband fainted in the bathtub on Sunday after taking a

my husband fainted in the bathtub on Sunday after taking a bath when he tried to get up. Thankfully I was home to hear the thud. I immediately ran in to the bathroom when he didn't respond when I called out to him. I hear 2 more thuds before I got to him. When I saw him I asked if he fell. He grunted as he sat in the tub looking down and seeming confused. He didn't want to go to the hospital but I kept a close eye on him. He was dizzy, and off balanced and sensitive to everything. It's been a few days now and although it seemed like he was getting better, he was in bed all day living in blackness with a bad migraine and cranky. Should I be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 5 years ago.

Without a doubt he needs to be examined and most likely imaging done based on the exam. I would be concerned for a seizure or stroke like symptoms. It sounds like he is having some neurological changes and really do need to be addressed right away.

If he is still having the migraine, I would take him to the ER without delay.