Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

my wife is vomiting and very sick feeling. She is just ending

my wife is vomiting and very sick feeling. She is just ending her first trimester of pregnancy and she says it doesn't feel like morning sickness. Anything special we should do other than keep her hydrated and see if it subsides?
How long has this been going on?
Can she keep any liquids down?
Does she have a fever?
Any diarrhea?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

about an hour and a half, no chance to get them in, slight, no

Thanks for your reply.

For tonight, I would have her take very tiny sips of liquids, avoid juices though. Or even crushed ice. Do this every 10 minutes or so to help keep hydrated without giving her too much to induce vomiting.

If she is still ill in the morning call your OB, they may tell you to see your regular provider if it does not seem OB related.

However, you are correct, keeping her hydrated is the main goal here. If she starts having severe stomache pain then she would need to be examined right away.

She can take tylenol for her fever but I would wait at least an hour of no vomiting so she won't vomit it up as well.