Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

My socks in work boots feel like they are bunched up. When

My socks in work boots feel like they are bunched up. When I take shoes off socks are fine. Does it mostly when shoes are a year or two old. Newer shoes seem to be OK. I thought it was only my imagination till I met someone with the same problem. I tried changing insoles and it did not help.Shoes are in goog condition.
Category: Health
Expert:  Donna-moderator replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Questions usually are answered within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers and how many Experts are on the site at the time you posted your question.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green “Accept” button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is also appreciated. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Donna
Moderator

Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 6 years ago.
It is an earliest sign of a medical problem called Morton 's Neuroma.
A neuroma is a thickening of nerve tissue that may develop in various parts of the body. This is the most common neuroma of the foot . It occurs between the third and fourth toes. It is sometimes referred to as an intermetatarsal neuroma. “Intermetatarsal” describes its location in the ball of the foot between the metatarsal bones. Neuromas may also occur in other locations in the foot.
However,you may experience one of these symptoms where the nerve damage is occurring:
Tingling, burning, or numbness
Pain
A feeling that something is inside the ball of the foot
A feeling that there’s something in the shoe or a sock is bunched up
Usually surgical removal of it is successful.
Best Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The bunching of the socks feeling seems to be more in the arch of the foot. I don't have any of the other symtems you mentioned.
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 6 years ago.
It is good to find that there are no other signs.There is possibility that feeling is not related to neuroma but just poor biomechanics (like very tight shoes or ill fitting shoes ) is causing this.You can try using some 'Metatarsal pads' available in the market.Hope they will help to mask this feeling.
Best Regards,
Dr.Naeem.
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK