Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

For at least 4mths I have been bringing up yellow phlegm. When

For at least 4mths I have been bringing up yellow phlegm. When I cough I feel a slight pain below my left breast and just above my waist. A chest X-Ray showed, inflated lung. What can I do to get rid of the mucous?

What have you tried already?
Have you been examined by a health care provider?
Do you smoke?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cough & chest congestion formula (Tussin). Yes. Had CT Scan of upper & lower quadrant about 2mths ago. Nothing shown. Do not smoke.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cough & chest congestion formula (Tussin). Yes. Had CT Scan of upper & lower quadrant about 2mths ago, nothing shown. Do not smoke.
Thanks for replying.

Over the counter products you can try are Mucinex DM and Claritin. You can take these at the same time. Sometimes allergies can trigger a chronic cough.

Prescriptive medications that you need to get from your provider would be Tesselon Perles that you take 3 times a day.

I am also assuming that your provider reviewed your medication to make sure you were not on one that can cause a chronic cough. If not you can list the medications you are currently taking.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Medications: Etodolac 400mg 2x
Levothyroxine 88mcg 1x
Nexium 40 mg 1x
Iron 325 1x
None of these should cause a chronic cough so you are good there!
God Bless!