Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have solid stools but am defecating blood. my stomach has

I have solid stools but am defecating blood. my stomach has felt like it is in knots for a couple of days. The blood only began tonight. it's a light colored blood and discolors the entire bowl
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
Hello..
Do you suffer from loose stools or change in stool consistency?
Are you having stress or anxiety issue?
Any past medical issue?
Pain while passing stool?
Nausea?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have had inconsistent stools the past couple of weeks but that's not uncommon. I've been under enormous stress as I work in national politics and tomorrow is election day. But I've done this job for 24 years.
I had some nausea over the weekend.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've also been belching an inordinate amount
This can be due to any of these common causes- intestinal infection, anal fissures , inflammatory Bowel disease like ulcerative colitis or crohns disease .
To make a diagnose you have to go for tests- stool test, par rectum examination,Also If required colonoscopy may be considered. So, my opinion is that you should see Physician for evaluation.

In the mean time, take plenty of fluids, and take light meals. Avoid fast food, and avoid stress.
Take antacid like- syp Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals. In case you have more than 2 tsf of blood, or heavy discoloration then please see doctor at earliest. Take care .
All the best for election.