Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

could you explain what does it mean Thank you Clinical

could you explain what does it mean? Thank you

Clinical History: Long-standing history of neck and back pain with paresthesias since a motor vehicle accident in 1992 further aggravated by motor vehicle accidents in 1998 and 2007 fall at work. Severe condition, gradually worsening despite many treatments and medications. Facial paralysis started 3 months ago. Swishing sounds in the head with dizziness and lightheadedness and headaches.

Soreness and swelling of the C6/7 area. Pain and weakness spreading to the arms and wrists numbness of the hands and clumsiness. The L. aching and burning neck and back pain with numbness, tingling, tenderness, muscle spasms, stiffness, weakness and sharp shooting pain.

Findings: Mild concentric disc bulge is demonstrated at C5/6 mildly flattening the ventral aspect of the spinal canal and thecal sac but not affecting nerve roots.

Disc osteophyte complex at C6/7 moderately indents the ventral aspect of the spinal canal and thecal sac, it does not compress or affect nerve roots.
MRI – November 27, 2009 - right L2 foramen soft tissue mass. :
right L2-3 neural foraminal lesion separate from the exiting right L2 nerve root, however, it does compress it and displaces the root posteriorly;
small right L4-5 foraminal disc herniation continuing to demonstrate a tiny superiorly migrating component;
stable mild prominence of the central canal with lower spinal cord and conus medullaris

2. MRI – Sept. 19, 2009 – chronic low back pain, rt. leg pain, widespread & includes right groin:
L1-2 mild prominence of the central canal of the lower cord and conus
L2-3 circumscribed soft tissue lesion in the left neural foramen – possibility of a benign nerve sheath tumor is raised
L3-4 Mild disc desiccation and a minimal generalized disc bulge
L4-5 mild disc desiccation, disc space narrowing and a small right foraminal disc protrusion with possible compromise of the right L4 nerve root
L5-S1 minimal generalized disc bulge
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
Have you had a MRI or CT scan of the brain?

What type of doctors have evaluated you for these symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No mri of the brain
neurosurgeon
back specialist
family doctor

no much help

At this point, I don't believe that the findings on the scan of the spine would explain the swishing, lightheartedness or headaches.

I do believe an evaluation by a neurologist would be appropriate. I suspect that they will want to do a CT or MRI of the brain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
could you explain what it means:

Mild concentric disc bulge is demonstrated at C5/6 mildly flattening the ventral aspect of the spinal canal and thecal sac but not affecting nerve roots and .

Basically the disc (the soft cushion between the vertebrae) is bulging out causing some pressure on the spinal cord (but not on the nerves as the exit the spinal column).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what about flattening the ventral aspect of the spinal canal and the thecal sac and indents the ventral aspect of the spinal canal and thecal sac
could you explain little bit more
The spinal canal includes the spinal cord and some empty space. This is causing some narrowing, but not any pressure on the spinal cord itself.
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years