Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Im a 64 yr old female. Ive been dizzy all day. My BP at noon

I'm a 64 yr old female. I've been dizzy all day. My BP at noon was 161/77 & at 4:20 was 157/76. Is this too high?

Although it is higher than target of systolic of 140, the BP is not worrying high so I do not think that it is causing your dizziness.

Other things to consider would be to check your heart rate.

Dizziness may also be other causes such as an inner ear infection. You should see your doctor for a check up.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I don't think I have an inner ear infection. I haven't had a cold or sinus infection or even an allergy attack in over a year.

I just took my BP again. It is 177/87 & pulse is 76. Is pulse the same as heart rate?

Pulse is the same as heart rate, so 76 is fine. Your blood pressure will change during the day depending on levels of stress, or even things such as coffee or activity.

I would repeat your blood pressure tomorrow morning after sitting for fifteen minutes rather than additional measurements today.

Do you feel that the world is spinning, or do you feel lightheaded?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I feel the world is spinning & when I walk I kind of lurch & feel off-balance.
That pattern of symptoms does sound more like an inner ear could be a viral labrynthitis. You would need some medication which work to reduce this sensation, and these are only available on prescription.