Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

are frequent urination and e.d. symptoms an indication of something

are frequent urination and e.d. symptoms an indication of something ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long are you having urinary and ED symptoms? Have you been investigated for it? have you tried any meds for it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
E.D. started gradually over last 10 years - urinary go 7 to 12 times daily, at times with urgency - more recently - talked to my GP Doctor who recommended a urologist thought I'd try this first - GP gave me viagra - but, not much help - mostly a headache
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any urethral burning? Do you have to wake up at night for urination? Do you see any fluctuation in your ED symptoms? Was there any blood test to cholesterol, diabetes or any other disease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, urethral burning. No, wake up for urination. ED symptoms consistant - it's very difficult to "get there" and can't get "all the way there". Summer physical exam by GP doctor no diabetes or other and good results for cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 3 years ago.
At your age I would certainly recommend you to have prostate exam and urine culture to look for infection or prostate enlargement which can cause urinary frequency. If everything comes back, then your may want to have evaluation for unstable bladder.

Your second problem erectile dysfunction can be related to physical problems and psychological problems. Since you have this problem persistently for a long time and you don't have morning erection, there could be organic causes that might be contributing towards erection problem. There are wide number of causes which you can see it from this link.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/erectile-dysfunction/DS00162/DSECTION=causes

If a specific cause is known, then treating that particular issues is very effective.However, if no cause is found then best strategy to treat your existing erection problem is with medication such as viagra, cialis or levitra. These medications are considered safe to use. I would also advise you to go for certain investigation to find out your testosterone level, blood sugar and thyroid function, as they can be a contributing factor as well. There are many other treatment option such as testosterone therapy, injection therapy, penile pump, penile implants.

I would strongly suggest you to see a urologist to investigate the problem, so that an appropriate treatment can be directed.

Press green button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.