A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

my question in, hopefully someone will be able to give me an answer =)

Hi, I dont know which category to put my question in, hopefully someone will be able to give me an answer =)

I know that, once you unfreeze meat, you cant re-freeze it. But is it the same thing for all foods? I made a rosé pasta sauce (no meat in there) and froze it; I took it out of the freezer and thawed it thinking I'd be using it the day after, but something else came-up and I might not be able to use it before it goes bad. Since its meatless, can it be re-frozen?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. It is safe to refreeze it if it has been refrigerated all the time since removing it from the freezer. It will lost quality in taste and texture, but it would still be safe to eat.