Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

My period ended on October 21st I was having a lot of cramps

My period ended on October 21st I was having a lot of cramps and went five days. It went away and I was fine a few days later the cramps came back and I have been cramping with some sharp twinges, since then and its now November 1st, I'm also a bit nauseated. What could this be?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
You could be possibly be pregnant, but this could be an ovarian cyst or possibly PID - Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - so I would recommend making an appointment to see your ob/gyn to get this evaluated. YOu need a pelvic exam and a possible pelvic ultrasound to check your ovaries.
Also, do a pregnancy test first.
Thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I havent had sexual activity in over 6 years, would that rule out PID def rules out pregnancy, and mean this is a possible cyst?
PID could be due to NON-STD bacteria - but if you have not had sexual active in many years, unlikely this is PID.
As for an ovarian cyst - this is something that can occur NORMALLY, but sometimes a cyst can get large such as 4 to 5 or even larger, and this can cause a lot of pain. Also, if you are having pain on your right side, this could be an appendicitis, so this should be evaluated too, especially if you are having a fever.