A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have been experiencing throat tightness for the past month Current

Customer Question

I have been experiencing throat tightness for the past month:
Current in my life ~ Stress, increase in thyroid medication and put on estrogen/progesterone cream due to very low hormone levels. \
Could this be related to a heart valve condition? The tightness comes and goes. I have trying to see if there is a pattern.
Can you please help?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The best thing would be to speak to your primary provider about these symptoms. You may need a short term prescription for an anxiety medication to smooth things over for you. Throat tightness is not due to any cardiac problem. It is more likely from stress/anxiety, acid reflux, or something similar.