Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I have a painful cough, gurrgiling in my right lung, and it

I have a painful cough, gurrgiling in my right lung, and it sounds like I'm weezing when I breath.. what is this?

Are you feeling short of breath?
Any fever?
How long has this been going on?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes on short of breath.. no fever.. and for about a week.. and it gets worse when I lie down..
I am sorry you are not feeling well,

It sounds like you have one of two things--
Either bronchitis with bronchospasm--bronchospasm is an asthma like reaction. This leads to shortness of breath and wheezing. Treatment for this is with inhalers and steroids.

Or you have pneumonia with bronchospasm. (the pneumonia would be mild given your lack of fever)

No matter which of these you have, I suggest that you see your doctor. You may need a chest xray at this point depending on what your doctor hears on your lung exam. I also think you probably need an inhaler to help open up your airways so that you can breathe better as well as possibly some steroids (which help cut down inflammation in the airways and also help to open them up).
Antibiotics may also be necessary, although if this is bronchitis it is usually viral.

If you smoke, try to quit....

I hope that you feel better soon!

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!