Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K

After having sex I had a very noticeable amount of blood in

After having sex I had a very noticeable amount of blood in my ejactulation. This has never happened before and I did not notice anything in my urine shortly later. The sexual encounter was somewhat aggressive (my penis may have been bent in uncorfortable position at one point) but nothing way out of the ordinary. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question,

Do you have any previous medical problems like diabetes ?

Any history of kidney stones ?

Do you have burning urination ?

How much blood is there ?

Has it stopped bleeding ?

Is color of blood bright red or brown ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have no previous medical conditions or problems no burning in my urination and the blood was more red (not brown). It stop bleeding as I noticed it in post ejactulation.

Thank you for your input,

In most cases this problem after 40 years of age occurs due to trauma/injury to the

penis, testis, kidney stones, bladder growths and bladder infections.

As you have a clear history of trauma during the sex so it is most likely reason for your

bleeding.

In most cases this bleeding is mild and does not need to be treated.

If you are having frequent episodes of this bleeding, pain during urination and ejaculation

or you have some sexually transmitted disease then you need to see a doctor for tests

like urine routine test and cystoscopy.

As in your case this was an isolated incidence of bleeding and occurred after trauma to

penis so this should settle and does not needs treatment.

I hope this answers your question.

Do let me know if you have some more questions.

Have a nice day.
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience: MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K