Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have been experiencing dizziness when waking up in the middle

Customer Question

I have been experiencing dizziness when waking up in the middle of the night for the past two nights. The dizziness has gone away when I got up and got on with my day. However, today the "head swimming" feeling has lasted into mid-morning. I have had no change in meds, eyeglasses, or eating habits. Any suggestions??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
Any history of ear ringing, decreased hearing etc?

Which medications you are on?

Any diagnosed medical condition?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No history of ear ringing or decrease hearing. No prescription medications- only take Loratidine (sp?) 10 mg daily for allergies. No diagnosed medical conditions- blood pressure was a bit high last time I had it checked 6 months ago. No recommendation for medication was given; just diet and exercise...which I have been doing.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
Hows your blood pressure these days?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't a clue. I guess I should get it checked.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your info.

Well the feeling of swimming head is called light headedness. There can be many causes for it but most likely cause is fluctuation in blood pressure. Moreover the other possible causes are ear infections and certain other ear diseases but they are least likely in you because of absence of other symptoms and because of the fact that ear problems give spinning sensation. I suggest that you should get yourself checked and get your EKG done too to rule out any heart related issue. Get yourself checked for any blood pressure changes specially. Meanwhile keep taking plenty of water and other liquids.

I wish you good luck and good health.

Dr Hasan