Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have a precancerous polyp in the colon area by where the

I have a precancerous polyp in the colon area by where the appendix would be, but had this out in 1961. What will they have to do when they take part of the colon out. I have a second polyp (not as large), but I'm not sure whether it will come out now or later. Would it be better to have it out at the same time? I'm lucky I didn't wait the full 10 years before having another colonoscopy. I feel the Lord was pushing me to get it checked and this was 2 years before the recommended time. There is no colon cancer in my family that I know about.

What is the reason of taking our part of colon? Was any cancerous lesion detected?

If yes, what is the exact location of this and new polyp in colon?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both polyps were discovered at the same time, but one does not appear to be the same as the pre-cancerous one. He described it as a tubulovillous adenoma. No evidence of malignancy is identified on the biopsy. However, this type of polyp is felt to be a precursor to colorectal cancer and in view of its size could harbor malignant cells. He recommended that I have surgery to remove this portion of the colon.

Since this portion of the colon would be removed; the polyp too would come out in the same procedure. So that take care of it and any future risk is take care of.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun