Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

why do you want to b a nurse?

Customer Question

why do you want to b a nurse?
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell me what this information is for? It will help me to answer the question better. Are you to interview someone in the nursing profession?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is actually for my nursing program an pre-application question, I'm currently working for the dialysis clinic as (CCHT) Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician, and have 11 yrs experience in it. I just wanted a breif drescription on my title and things required to answer for the particular question for the application process. What you suggest?

Of course this must be individualized to what you believe but here are the reasons that I wanted to be a nurse.

Being in the health care profession is often a dream that starts when you are young. Being a successful nurse requires a passionate desire to be one. The trite answer of helping people is usually an early desire but after exposure to the field that answer quickly expands to other reasons.

I do enjoy helping people who are hurting heal. THey are the most vulnerable when they are injured or ill. There is nothing like having a patient say to you "I could not have done this without you" or a grateful parent with tears in their eyes saying "thank you". It is an awesome responsibility knowing that you are responsible for peoples lives and comfort while healing.

The nursing profession is never boring! You have so many opportunities to develop your interests whether you like the fast paced ER or Critical Care areas or if you are more into the healthy teaching area of a health department, school nurse, or employee health nurse.

You can choose to work with whatever age group and type of people that you want. You can expand and be an expert in that area. You can also keep advancing your career with more education.

Being a nurse means the sky is the limit! You are well respected and looked up to in the community!

I am not sure what you mean about your job title description, your current one or your nurse one but I hope this gives you ideas of what to write about!