Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

sharp pain in and around ears and in head..body..extremely unusual

For 4 days now I have had sharp pain in and around ears and in head. No fever but body aches and no appetite whatsoever. It is extremely unusual for me not to have an appetite. My husband has to put food in front of me to make me eat. I'm heavy so that is a good side affect of feeling sick but not normal.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

It appears that you have tried all of the home remedies and after this long you will need to see your primary care provider for an examination.

You could possibly have:

1 - Viral infection

2- Ear infection

3 - Trigeminal Neuralgia - but this does not usually cause the body aches and decreased appetite.

3 - Migraine headache

I wish you the best!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The sharp pain in my ears has come and gone for years, sometimes better sometimes worse. Can migraines include body aches?

Migraines can include body aches but it is not real common.

You really need to see what the sharp pain is about in your ears. It is quite possible it would be associated with TMJ or Trigeminal neuralgia.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you