Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

I am a female age 62 I have MS which I dont think this has

I am a female age 62 I have MS which I dont think this has anything to do with it. two days ago I notice my feet swelling and it has cont. to get worse my feet and legs are quite large. My legs also ache up to the small of my back if I stand for a short time. I also notice I feel a bit short of breath. I take hydor...blood pressure and water pill and I take oxybutin 3 times a day and I have never swelled like this.I feel the pressure to go to the bathroom but I dont empty my bladder.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

What you are describing needs your physicians immediate attention. There are a couple of concerns that I would consider for you.

Both feet swelling with mild shortness of breath can indicate congestive heart failure. You will need to be examined for this and lab tests with a chest x-ray to determine the best cause of action.

LIttle urine output could be from a kidney or bladder infection or early renal failure connected to the congestive heart failure.

Therefore you really need to contact your doctor or provider without delay.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Celeste, I couldnt get into my doctor until next week, I dont like going to the doctor because I go quite often, but I am not sure what to do. I also feel like I have a lump in my chest to my stomach. I am a bit nervous and home alone. My husband is at work.
Really it would be better for you to be seen. Even if you have to go to an ER. You can wait until your husband gets home but really without the labs and x-rays we can't rule that out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could you ask for another opinion please... Thank you
I will opt out so you can get another opinion.