Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have a lump on my upper right abdomen. It is a little sensitive,

I have a lump on my upper right abdomen. It is a little sensitive, and when I push on it I can feel liquid. What is it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

Since how long the lump is there? How large it is? In which place of right upper abdomen precisely? Is it in the midline? or attached to rib margin? Does it change size on coughing, sleeping? Any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any medication?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Noticed a week or so ago. When working out it seems to be larger than normal. I would say maybe 1 cm by 1cm. It is upper right ab feels like it is underneath the rib cage agrea. 1st abdominal muscle I would say. No tests have been done, and on no medication.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
How far away from midline?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would say just off of the mid line of the abs. If I drew a picture of six pack abs I would draw a circle around the 1st ab, right side
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

There are a few probables here. This can be due to a hernia, a cyst, an infection or an abscess (if it is too tender). When it gets larger on working out, it can be due to a hernia. I think you should to get it examined by doctor when it is persisting.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If it was due to a hernia would I feel liquid moving around when pushing on it? and it it is a hernia what are the normal remidies? Meaning will it go away on its own or do I need to seek attention?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
If there is part of intestine or fat in hernia it can feel like fluid filled spaces. In case of hernia the treatment is surgical. But it can be a cyst too.