Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

i have a lump in my upper left abdominal quandrant. Not painful

i have a lump in my upper left abdominal quandrant. Not painful to the touch but it is bothersome. Also have been getting a lot of back spasms/cramps, especially just under my right shoulder blade.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Since how long the symptoms are there? How large is the lump? Is it soft or hard? In precisely what position? Is it attached to rib, or wall of abdomen? Does it move? Any other symptom? Did you have any test?Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I first noticed the lump about one month ago, it is shaped like a mango seed it appears to have reduced in size this past week,most pronounced area is about 3 inchels long, about one inch below rib cage, starts one inch to left of navel and extends about 3.5 inches outward. seems to be under abdominal fat. It doesnt appear to move. it is hard to the touch. the only other symptoms are the back spasm.cramps that pre-dated the lump by about one month. No recent illnesses to speak of.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Does it change in size & shape on laying back or with coughing or sneezing? Is there any pain or tenderness? any change of color?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

tenderness when pressed, otherwise discomfort most other times. Feeeling of pressure when i lay on my left side in bed. no color noticed at all.
The shape has been relatively the same shape elongated about 3.5 inches long and one inch in height. Some pressure when i cough and sneeze. Mostly feels like if I had a good BM it would clear up, but my bm's have been normal. did have a recent bout of constipation but that is a normal occurence for me.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for all the inputs.

The lump is likely to be due to lipoma or a cyst in the abdominal wall. Other probables are hernia, neuroma, hematoma etc. Hernia is usually soft in nature & changes its shape with position or straining. Loaded colon due to fecal matter or a lump from intra abdominal organs is deeper than the surface or abdominal wall. Loaded colon should change shape & size in 1 month. Though you do not have insurance, I think you need an examination by doctor.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.