Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have a crusty build up on my pubic hair. I dont see any

I have a crusty build up on my pubic hair. I don't see any kind of lice just a white/yellowish buildup on my pubic hair, mostly between my leg and testicles. I comes and goes too. It usually comes around after I sweat down there. Do I have crabs? What is it? How do I get rid of it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Is there any reddish lesions on skin around there?
Is there itching?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No there's no reddish lesions and there's no itching other than the normal occasional itch that goes on down there. It's just a crusted build up on the hairs. Everything else looks normal though. I'm worried that it's some kind of lice that you can't see.

Thanks for the info.

The symptoms you are having seems to be due to the infected hair follicles. More than likely bacterial, because of the color of the crust.Apply bacitracin or neosporin. It is available as over the counter without prescription. It has anti bacterial properties & will help you greatly. If this doesn't go away, then consultation of doctor is required as the oral antibiotics may be prescribed.

Regards-

Dr.David.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Edited by doctor_charles on 10/16/2010 at 1:07 AM EST