Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

i have an 8 week old little girl and seem to think she has

Customer Question

i have an 8 week old little girl and seem to think she has gas pains.Some nights she gets very fussy and tenses up and cries like she is in pain?But this only happens SOME nights not every night and never during the day?I have been fairly careful in my diet as i am breastfeeding.Now I am thinking about cutting out dairy and vegetables?I am just curious if it is ok to be giving her a small amount of aloe vera juice?I have a friend that her Dr.recommended it for her babies gas?I have also tried oval drops and gripe water but i just read that the oval drops wont help intestinal gas.So should i maybe give the oval drops when I nurse her?Just was looking for some advice.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.

I would be a little hesitant with the aloe very juice, not sure that that has been studied but you can certainly safely give her probiotics for infants. This has worked very well with my patients.

I usually recommend Bio Gaia for infants. That is one that I know has been medically tested.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So where would I get that at?The pharmacy?Do I need a prescription?
I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you. I did not get a notification that you asked further information.

Yes, you can get it at a pharmacy and you do not need a prescription. You can also order it online as well. Usually places like Walgreen's can get it for you.

I wish you the best!