Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

I was wondering what is causing all this burping.. I feel bloated

I was wondering what is causing all this burping.. I feel bloated there not just little burps there huge! every time I stand up from laying down it happens when I am just sitting here I burp and my Grandma wants me to ask this question. I just had an upper G.I which was normal, my stools havent been normal for a while i just had an abdominal U/S which was normal except fatty liver. I dont know whats going on! please help

It is reassuring that you had a normal upper GI.

Burping comes for excessive air in the bowel from either taking in air with eating or drinking or from food sitting too long in the bowel and forms a gas.

So, if your GI studies are normal you can increase the fiber in your diet to help regulate your stools by using Metamucil or something similar on a daily basis.

Also probiotics are very helpful in restoring gut health.